Mindfulness, Warmth and Wisdom
I am a licensed marriage and family therapist working in downtown Portland, Oregon (lmft T1149) and remotely in California (lmft 88830). I’m also the current city leader of Sidewalk Talk Portland.
I’m passionate about helping people heal and thrive – in their relationships, and within themselves. I feel truly honored that my counseling clients choose to share the vulnerable parts of themselves with me. I see sharing one’s truth as a sign of strength. When we can hold these truths gently, that’s when growth happens.
You’ll find my style engaged and collaborative. As a therapist, I am most influenced by attachment theory, mindfulness, interpersonal neurobiology, psychodynamics and somatics and use elements from all of them. Above all, the guiding principle of my work is a deep trust that the path to greater well-being already exists within you and it’s my job to help you discover it.
Before starting my private practice, I provided parent-coaching and adult psychotherapy for Psyched in San Francisco, a group practice where I still work remotely. Prior to this, I provided home visits at Through the Looking Glass where I received extensive training in parent-infant psychology, family systems, crisis intervention and disability psychology. I also trained at the Pierce Street Integral Counseling Center where I participated in intensive training in relational psychotherapy. I earned my master’s degree in counseling psychology from the California Institute for Integral Studies in 2011, and participate in advanced training and education in many diverse areas.
Before becoming a therapist, I spent years in the food and wine industry, in travel publishing, in the birth room as a doula, and in the corporate world. I’ve spent many years getting to “know my own darkness” as a psychotherapy client, which allows me to be more conscious clinician. The way I work and see the world has been profoundly influenced by my experience as a mother and partner, sister, daughter and friend as well as by the many hardships my loved ones and I have dealt with, such as anxiety, depression, disability, cancer, chronic medical conditions, blended families, addiction, entrepreneurship and complex trauma.
- 2019 EMDR Consultation, Ross Cohen
- 2018 EMDR Level I & Level II, Philip Manfield, Phd.D.
- 2017-18 Working with the Neurobiological Legacy of Trauma, Janina Fisher
- 2017 EFT Couples Forgiveness Training
- 2016: Shame, Self-Loathing & Complex Trauma Treatment: Somatic Interventions, Janina Fisher, Ph.D.
- 2015 Internship, Traci Ruble, LMFT
- 2012-14: Through the Looking Glass: In-home family therapy, Early Head Start home visitor, parent/infant psychology, families with disabilities, sensorimotor integration, temperament
- 2014: Newborn Observation training, Kevin Nugent
- 2014: Wisdom 2.0 Conference: Raising a Conscious Generation
- 2013: Neuroscience of Mindfulness & Love Conference, Jack Kornfield & Dan Siegel
- 2011 Gottman Method Couples Therapy: Level 1
- 2011 Intern, Riyaz Motan, LMFT, one year